New York Named 2021 NCF-Envirothon ChampionsMarch 15, 2022
NCF Now Accepting 2022 NCF-Envirothon Diversity Grant ApplicationsMarch 15, 2022
November 16, 2021
NCF Announces 2022 Envirothon Season
The National Conservation Foundation (NCF) is pleased to announce that the 2022 NCF-Envirothon competition season (September 1, 2021 - August 31, 2022) has begun! The new season brings with it a new competition location and Host, new learning resources and much more.
Below are the top five things all teams, advisors, conservation districts and Envirothon supporters need to know:
More details can be found on the 2022 NCF-Envirothon Ohio webpage.
- The Buckeye State, Ohio, will be the location for the 2022 NCF-Envirothon annual international competition, which will be held July 24-30, 2022.
- Hosted by the Ohio Federation of Soil and Water Conservation Districts, the 2022 NCF-Envirothon Ohio competition will be held at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. Miami University is located in the southwest corner of the state and is less than an hour’s drive to Cincinnati, Ohio; northern Kentucky; and eastern Indiana.
- The 2022 Current Issue topic is “Waste to Resources” and will explore waste and its impacts on the environment. Students will learn about different waste streams and the effects of waste generation and disposal on natural resources, as well as how to turn waste into resources through restoration, repurposing and recycling for the benefit of the natural environment and future generations.
- The first round of 2022 Current Issue Study Resources have been posted to the NCF-Envirothon website as a resource for state/provincial/partner nation Envirothon programs and for teams to begin studying. These initial resources, including their key topics and learning objectives, are geared towards the Waste to Resources Current Issue and cover topics such as landfills, hazardous materials, recycling, composting, food waste, combustion with energy recovery, human and animal waste treatment, and restoration of brownfields and degraded lands. (A second set of resources will be posted in May 2022 and will be more specific to Ohio-related topics.)
- New for 2022, teams can utilize the NCF-Envirothon Learning Objectives to prepare them for the international competition in July. These comprehensive Learning Objectives, which cover each Envirothon area of study, will serve as a guide for students and advisors competing in the NCF-Envirothon annual international competition.